Friday, February 18, 2011

More great toys from the New York Toy Fair

I saw a completely overwhelming number of toys when I was at the New York Toy Fair. I'm still wading through photos and press kits, but I'd like to share a few more of my favorites from the Toy Fair. I've already sang my praises for the Brinca Dada dollhouses. Here are more glorious finds.

Madame Alexander's charming dolls based on the Little Golden Books, including Kay's beloved The Poky Little Puppy:

Available for pre-order, shipping in June 2011
Manhattan Toys is expanding its line of popular Groovy Girls, and now has this awesome retro/modern play kitchen and dishes:

as well as a Groovy Girl Chef with her own girl-sized kitchen.

I also really loved the newest innovations from HEXBUG, including a version that glows in the dark:

And a glow-in-the-dark Habitat Set for your HEXBUGs to battle it out in:

Since I believe that one day spring will be here despite the freezing cold snow-filled winter we've had, I love these eggs from Playmobil, which are an annual offering:

  
The always adorable Calico Critters has a sweet camping set, which I have a special fondness for since my daughters play endless hours of indoor camping despite having never been for-real outdoor camping. This summer I hope to finally take my kids camping... outside.
And speaking of summer, I love these clever beach buckets. It's hard to see in the photo but the yellow and green buckets are flexible plastic which means they can be squished and squashed into bottoms of strollers for trips to the playground or buried at the bottom of beach bags for trips to the shore with no pieces of broken plastic to worry about.

What toys did I miss at the Toy Fair? What other toys did you think were fantastic?

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...