Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Of course it's the first day of fall....

Ziggy, pictured here in happier, warmer times.
... because I had this conversation with my five-year-old son this morning:

Ziggy: Mom, I'm cold.

Me: Sure you are! It is cold in the kitchen this morning! That's why I'm wearing long pants, socks and a sweatshirt! You're wearing shorts and a tee shirt! Let me go get you some warm clothes.

Ziggy: Uh, I'd rather you didn't.

Me: But if you put the warm clothes on then you won't be cold!

Ziggy: Uh, instead of me putting on more clothes, I was uh thinking you could just make the air warmer?

I tried to explain the concept to him that adults try to delay putting on the heat for the first time of the season, but couldn't really come up with a good reason why.  But it does seem like you should wait at least until October 1 to turn the heat on, and I know some other (in my opinion, crazy) people like to wait until at least November 1.

So tell me, do you put on a sweater when the temperatures get cooler, or do you take Ziggy's approach and just make the air warmer? 

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...