Thursday, December 11, 2014

How to make your kid a special Hanukkah school lunch

I admit that I am one of *those* moms always making completely ridiculous over-done lunches for my kids to bring to school.

And what better occasion for a super special lunch than Hanukkah? I especially like to make my kids a lunch for the days they are at school on Hanukkah as I feel this time of year can be hard on kids who aren't celebrating Christmas. So don't worry kids, this Hanukkah lunch is totally as good as, possibly even better, than this whole Santa thing your friends keep tormenting mentioning to you!

So if you want to make an amazing school lunch for your kids on Hanukkah this year (which starts Tuesday night, December 16 and ends Wednesday, December 24), here are some ideas!

The Hanukkah lunch in a PlanetBox lunchbox:


I have a dreidel cookie cutter, which I used to cut out a dreidel shape from the sandwich and a piece of cheese, which I put on top of the dreidel bread from the sandwich.  I also added a fun Hanukkah coloring book, some gelt, and a little bag of apple crisps.

I also made a similar lunch in a traditional lunchbox, where every item was wrapped like a present, even the juice pouch. I even added a Hanukkah gift tag.


Really anything will work from adding a few decorative dreidels to throwing in a few pieces of gelt. If you have some blue and silver ribbon, add that too and your Hanukkah lunch is ready to go!

Happy Hanukkah!

2 comments:

Jenn @ Something Clever 2.0 said...

So cute! My son's class has been on a gingerbread man kick all week. Everything they read or color is about a gingerbread man, woman, boy, or girl. Which means that rather than rifling through my 30-piece cookie cutter set each morning to find the perfect shapes for his sandwich, I've just been using the same gingerbread man cutter all week. I get to be lazy, and he thinks I'm "on trend." Win-win!

Keicy said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss about this, I feel strongly about this and so really like to get more about this kind of field. Wonderful stuff to read and I am so delighted to find this valuable article that is amazingly. Recommend that you can buy yoga pants at workout leggingsShort yoga pants olive green yoga pants burgundy yoga pants High waist leggings short sport pants sports face mask disposable masks kn95 mask neck gaiter face shield mask

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...